2021 Cadillac Escalade: Opening and Closing Hands-Free Liftgate
Opening The Liftgate
- Pressing the Cadillac crest on the trunk (as GM Authority reported earlier this year); this keeps the rear of the 2021 Cadillac Escalade looking clean and uncluttered, while also providing a simple way of operating the rear door.
- Pressing the round button in the middle of the interior overhead console.
- Pressing the liftgate release button on the keyfob twice.
- The 2021 Cadillac Escalade will project the Cadillac crest on the ground once the keyfob is within six feet of the vehicle. Simply kicking the foot through the projected Cadillac logo on the ground opens the liftgate, useful for those times when the driver’s hands are full.
Closing The Liftgate
Closing the liftgate can be accomplished in four similar methods:
- Kick the foot through the projected Cadillac logo again to close the liftgate once it is open.
- Press the button on the liftgate itself.
- Press the button on the overhead console inside the vehicle.
- Press the keyfob button twice.